50L pots

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanshelton

Landlord.
Reaction score
Was in the process of buying a 50L pot from bergland when they replied saying they are no longer shipping to the UK. I've already brought my cool box for the mashtun and the gas burner so does anyone know where I can get a new pot from around the same sort of price as bergland? I've copied their email to e below

thank you for your message.

A few minutes ago I got the information, that our management has decided, that the delivery abroad is no longer possible. We can only ship within Germany and to Austria. I'm very sorry, but I'm no longer allowed to create orders, which should be delivered abroad. do you have an alternative delivery address in Germany or Austria?

I think your only option for the same pot might be either themaltmiller.co.uk or homebrewbuilder.co.uk (pm mrlard)

Thats a real shame they won't deliver to the UK any more.

Im glad I got mine when I did now. Angel homebrew also has stainless pots mate.

:shock: That's going to have real implications to the U.K Home brew Market for these things, however, 2 things
It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the bigger buyers here in the U.K already know.
It wouldn't surprise me if one of the U.K suppliers had gone into contract with them prohibiting sales.
It wouldn't surprise me if there's already another supplier lined up, it's not hard to get these things made in China if you have the cash for the bulk outlay.
Cost will go up for custom UK products

and finally it wouldn't surprise me to know that you lot don't think I'm easily surprised :rofl: :tongue:

Grab what's left quick if you're dilly dallying!

Well my niece lives in Germany with her husband, I wonder if they have enough space to set up a stockpot export business :hmm:

Haha V you have some valid points there! Even though I enquired yesterday they have said they will no longer accept my order and will not be taking any new uk orders. Looks like I've got a mash tun, gas burner and no pot to brew in! Never mind time to get searching for another one!

I would think that the some people that resell them in this country will still be able to supply them. It wouldn't surprise me if they come over from Germany on the back of a lorry along with a few tons of grain. ;)

the only thing i forsee is you could get them couriered yourself, but cost would increase

i didnt look into it a few years ago and got samples form China

costs are ok, quality is not bad but quantities required in a container are imense

No doubt a pallet full will still be shipped, but I always thought they where light on postage costs, they must have been loosing their profit margin with all these little UK orders.

im going to start taking more trips to germany. I go once every few years but it looks like it would be worthwhile bringing back some pots and swing top bottles lol

A 25L Brew Length would be a tight fit in a 33L boiler.

Heres the logic behind that statement.

To end up with 25L in the fermenter you need more than that at the end of the boil, and that is dependent on deadspace in boiler and amount of hops used.

Say you use 200g of Hops in the brew, they will soak up about 2 Litres or Wort so you actually need to finish with 27 Litres in the boiler.

Assuming a 1 hour boil, and 10% evaporation over the course of an hour you would need to start the boil with 30 Litres of Wort.

In a 33 Litre boiler that will probably give you about 1 inch between the top of the wort and the top of the boiler which could be very close at the beginning of the boil when it's all frothy.

It could be done, but you would need to watch it very carefully.

I usually brew a 45 Litre Brew length in a 70 litre pot and that is just right.

i have the 33 litre pot, if choosing again it would be 40 l or 70 l ( 2 batches ) as 33 is very close as mentioned and that's for 23l brew not 25l

I need two 100l Stockpots that I got a quote the other day and was about to accept the quote. Damn, where can I get them for the same kind of price? Will they let us organise our own shopping?

Another vote for Ian at Powellbrewing, give him a shout and see what he can do.....helpful guy :thumb:

Looks like Powell Brewing and HomeBrewbuilder (mrlard here) are about the same price. Powell Brewing look more expensive but the prices do include shipping.

Looks to me like the stockpots they sell are identical.

I do wonder though where they are sourcing them from, if they are sourcing direct from the manufacturer then great, but if they were also buying them from Bergland and selling on then their supplies may run short quite quickly.

Latest posts

Back