• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Heater plate wanted

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regishaunus

Reaction score
Don't suppose anyone has a heater plate surplus to requirements?
I'm in Stafford and happy to collect if anyone has one
Cheers

Shaun

Welcome to the Forum. :thumb: :thumb:

A heating pad will still need some form of temperature control so for many brews (and before I could afford better) I warmed my brews with what my wife described as "The Contraption".

It consisted of an old bit of shelving covered in sheets (for insulation) and originally with a couple of lamps (to provide heat). It was big enough to hold not only an FV for the brewing but also enough bottles to carbonate a whole brew as well.

Temperature was initially controlled by switching the lights "On" or "Off" and by changing the wattage of the bulbs but I moved on to a small 40w heater with a temperature control before buying a brew-fridge and an Inkbird temperature controller.

This is the heater I bought ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NT0X8K2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

... and here's a couple of photographs (with the heater in the background) just in case no one else has a spare heating pad. :thumb: :thumb:

Contraption 2.jpg

Contraption 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back