Using the new Aldi Jaffa tea bags for a mead?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hahaha yea the missus isnt a big drinker here either and basically i have to hide it a lot. not the drinking as such but the making of she dont want it around the kids etc. which is fine but sometimes it takes a bit longer and i gotta always clean up afterwards its jsut its smells a bit boozy ... still moans :laugh8:

hahahaha nah she gave me funds to get my honey, i was allowed this time haha...I was a little thirsty earlier so i syphoned myself off a good 1/4 pint... or a decent glass id say while she was out. you gotta test the waters aint ya?! and damn this is lovely to drink.
Its still young i know and its still got a touch of aging to go but i genuinely love it as it is with that dryness.. this demijohn is gonna be empty by the end of next week i can already tell haha glad i got some bottled stashed now tho.. can try finally some actual aged stuff.. but for now.. cheers!

oh stupid question probably.... But now ive thrown my metabisulphates in and stopped the fermentation there is no way to get this carbed now is there aside from a co2 system? im tempted to try a spoonfull of honey to see what happens.. worst that can happen it'll be a touch sweeter, right?

I've got a barrell with a co2 valve but no sparklers which i can always buy online.. wondering is it worth me going for a 25litre batch next time as im really starting to think its gonna be too warm to do this after next monmth we hit 22 yesterday and already im feeling the heat where i live. summer gonna hit 40*c this year i just know it and i live in like a wooden building with so much insualtion its insanely hot in summer here on the sea front (Margate).. i just wanna get my brews done and enjoy them for the summer.. trying to make as much as i can before its kinda too late..

Attachments

• IMG_20240502_155043.jpg
    IMG_20240502_155043.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
hahahaha nah she gave me funds to get my honey, i was allowed this time haha...I was a little thirsty earlier so i syphoned myself off a good 1/4 pint... or a decent glass id say while she was out. you gotta test the waters aint ya?! and damn this is lovely to drink.
Its still young i know and its still got a touch of aging to go but i genuinely love it as it is with that dryness.. this demijohn is gonna be empty by the end of next week i can already tell haha glad i got some bottled stashed now tho.. can try finally some actual aged stuff.. but for now.. cheers!

nice one don't think I have ever tried mead being a cider drinker mostly

I find its like a middle ground between wine and cider tbh.. im really not a big fan of cider tbh haha my mate drinks its non stop, his liver hates him obviously.. but tbh the way im going with mead atm.. my livers catching up with his haha... Im reading thread after thread of maybe a new recipe to try im really liking the idea of maple syrup mead. That actually sounds really nice, maybe with some vanilla beans thrown in for secondary.. i recon id still use those jaffa teabags too, because i dont know why i jsut feel the tannins amount from what i used was bang on the money it tastes great has a nice mouth feel. not too dry and sharp and im jsut imagining a vanilla maple flavour and that really making my mouth water haha..

(jsut to add, its only 5pm and im 3 glasses deep now.. haha.. must learn to leave it alone.. but damn its nice!

Latest posts

Back