The Chaos that is a Buffers Brewery brew day

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the old saying goes "make beer while the sun shines". I took advantage of today's fine weather and an empty fermentation bucket to do a repeat brew of the APA I brewed back in February. No change to the recipe or the equipment so no pics today (you've seen them all before šŸ„±). Wort is currently chilling on the patio. I'll transfer to the fermentation bucket and pitch the yeast tomorrow.

Just moved the NEIPA I brewed at the end of March in to the barrelator. Couldn't resist a quick pour to check for the dreaded oxydation ashock1
IMG_20240427_111252755.jpg

Looks good and tastes šŸ‘šŸ»

:groupdancing:

The APA I brewed earlier this month has finished fermentation. FG 1.012 so time to cold crash ready to transfer to a barrel in a couple of days time. As I'm busy tomorrow, wifies birthday, I decided to prepare the barrel today. After cleaning and sanitising time to prime with CO2. Fortunately another barrel had just finished so I used the remaining pressure to start displacing the water...
IMG_20240428_141626686.jpg

Managed to get half the water out. Just needed my cylinder for the remaining water. N.B. the barrel in the sink is the empty one and the barrel on the drainer is full of water.

Back