Setup advice - Beer pump

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have my beer hand pull and a check valve. I want to double check with the Gurus on how to set them up to work with a cornie.
My understanding is.
1 circa 3 psi in the cornie
2 Check valve inline before the hand pull
3 handpull
4 OOh thats a nice drop....

The big question is do I need to keep my Keg cool in the monsterator or can I pull the ale through a beer cooler And if I am pulling it through a cooler do I place the check valve before or after the cooler?

PS Im away from my puter Until Thursday so I cant reply until then

Up to 20 psi In Keg, the lower the keg pressure the harder it can be to pull against the Check valve.

I keep my ale in my Kegereezer at 10C with 8-10 psi on it. The Check valve is on a very short piece of tube attached to the Beer engine Inlet. If using a chiller I'd do it the same way.

Keg -> Chiller -> Check Valve -> Beer Engine -> Glass -> Mouth . . . . Mmmmmm

Personally I'd keep the keg in a cooler of some sort as that will keep the condition in the beer longer.

When I serve from a Corni via one of my engines I simply attach the line from the check valve direct to the "out" post on the corni and put an unconnected poppet onto the other post to vent the keg. When I'm done for the eveing I put a good squirt or two of CO2 into the keg and vent it and the gas forms a protective barrier over the ale. I think of it as a glorified hard peg / soft peg set up just like the real thing.

Out of interest does anyone else use poly pins to serve from, I find my fridge holds two and they're much less of an **** on than corni's?

Back