Bottle labelling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Sharpie pen on the cap for identification. If sending out for swaps then I will add a brown tag with parcel string. Judged comps obviously the printed entry label stuck on with clear tape and I won't mark the cap but I'll add a brown tag with string until it's ready to label for the comp.

Because I try and reuse bottles and I like the labels that come off with ease I hate using any type of label that doesn't fall off at the sight of water or leaves glue residue. When I have received bottles from forum members the chalk pen and labels stuck on with home made glue are very easy to clean 😐

I love German, Belgian or Czech beer bottles. Just because it's our culture not to return bottles I don't understand why the majority of brewery's have to use such strong glue on the labels..👎🏼

I don't & won't sharpie lids and missed the point completely, 'cos I recycle those too.

I like clear bottles. But they seem to be harder to harder find, these days.

I reuse mine many times.
Saved when opened (must be flat)
Flash boil before use.
Visually chuck any that looks suspect.
Chuck anything that fails to seal.

I have a varied selection of recycled glass bottles. The tops of which do vary in size slightly. The recycled caps should 'click' on. If the cap doesn't, its not a fit. Try another. Sounds like a pita, but it really is just a knack. I bin 2or3 per batch. Invert to check seal.

Also allows you to hammer them on, in the crates. Easy and quick.

I buy Avery type labels and use the label function in Microsoft word. 10 labels per sheet. Come of easily in warm water and washing up liquid. I have lots of beer "cellaring" so it helps me keep track, and also gift a lot of bottles.

Attachments

• beer label.jpg
    beer label.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 0
Back